To promote the collegiate relationship between nursing and medical professionals involved in the specialty of colorectal surgery, the CSSANZ will award a scholarship for a nurse to attend their annual spring meeting. For 2023, the Colorectal Spring Meeting will be held in Gold Coast, 17-18 November.
The scholarship will cover registration to the annual CSSANZ Spring Meeting, an economy class airfare, accommodation, and A$500. The winner is presented with the certificate at the meeting but
is not required to make a presentation as part of the Award.
Applicants must be:
- Currently registered by their relevant professional body in either Australia or NZ
- Currently working in the field of colorectal surgery in Australia or NZ
- Able to attend the CSSANZ Spring Meeting within or outside Australia.
CSSANZ will accept one submission per applicant, suitable for publication in a Nursing Journal. The article should cover a colorectal topic and may be in the form of, but not limited to:
- A clinical case-study
- Research project
- Book review not previously published
- Educational poster or teaching tool
- Professional issue pertinent to Colorectal Surgery
The article (preferably in electronic form), plus a completed official application form with a copy of current nursing registration, to reach the CSSANZ Secretariat, [email protected] by
Monday 4 September, 2023.
Late applications will not be considered. The scholarship award is not transferable and if there are two or more authors, the application must arrive with the name of the one person that would be awarded the scholarship – it cannot be shared.
The judges’ decision will be final and based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness to nursing and colorectal surgery
- Demonstrated integration of theory and practice
- Suitability for publication