About 170 registered for the online conference, and the annual general meeting (AGM) the following day, with connections to the live stream peaking at about 82.
Chief executive Memo Musa said it was impossible to know how many viewed the live stream, as behind every connection could be several participants.
Initial feedback was positive, despite some technical hitches early on in the conference, and also in the AGM voting processes. However, disruptions were minor overall, and the format successfully provided opportunities for questions and answers.
“Having speakers talk about COVID-19 national responses and review made it even more relevant,” Musa said.
Conference and AGM coverage is listed below. Some conference coverage has been held over until next month. Reporting by Mary Longmore and Teresa O’Connor.
- COVID-19 elimination strategy wins praise
- ‘Serious questions’ over PPE supply
- Full inquiry into pandemic response overdue
- Pandemic highlights ‘true value’ of nursing
- Global nursing report refers to ‘ethical utilisation’ of IQNs
- Cannabis ‘a health issue’
- Time for nurses to ‘stamp their mark’